Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Morning Run

Today was another "off" day for running. Don't get me wrong. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed myself thoroughly, but it was muddy and I was sloooooow.

I fell back from the group after about 2.5 miles. The mud and hills were taking a toll on me today, but it didn't discourage me from my goal to run 20. I shuffled along and after a few minutes my sweetie fell back and decided to run with me the rest of the way.

While the thick sticky mud exhausted and frustrated me, I relished in splashing through the puddles of water lying over the less sticky stuff. Nick was entertained when I stopped to splash around in every stream crossing. He said I reminded him of Roxy (his dog).

Towards the end, Nick and I ran across our friend Lisa and her dog Chaz. I struggled to keep up with Lisa, but I was grateful for the renewed challenge. I kept up with her until the last quarter mile or so, then told her and Nick to go on ahead. I was beat and walked most of the way back to the car.

Overall it was a fun morning. I'm definitely pooped now and hoping for a better run next time. Next Saturday I'm trying for 30 which will be my longest training run. Gotta get ready for the Free State 40 miler!!!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was the weather or something this weekend! I'm crossing my fingers and sacrificing goats that BOTH of us have much better weeks. If Wednesday doesn't feel good I'm getting drunk at FreeState!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If things get really bad, you might have to temporarily suspend your veganism and EAT a goat!

    ReplyDelete