Thursday, September 17, 2009

Long Time No Blog

I'm back people! Hasn't been much to talk about lately as I haven't been running much, but I'm back into it. At least I'm trying to be, when I'm not swamped in homework. I went through a running funk for a while. Battled being busy with school, sickness, probably some other excuses too. All of these hurdles, of course, set my running way back from where I wanted it to be. I was training for a 50 miler, which I didn't end up doing, because I was under-trained. The summer pretty much consisted of me being bitter about running and my inadequacies with respect to it. I think I'm finally clawing my way out of it. I know my life is gonna be pretty busy until I'm done with grad school and I know sometimes I'm gonna be sick and won't be able to run as much as I want. So my goal is...not to set goals for myself. I'm not training for any races. I'm not setting a weekly mileage goal for myself. I'm gonna run when I have time. I feel so much better about running when I don't feel controlled by it. It's not a job for me anymore.

Recent running log:

3ish mi Sunday - ran around campus, then through downtown, then home
2.5-3ish mi Monday - ran Clinton Lake in huaraches with Nick and Levi (Levi went farther), fun, feet were a little tender after but feel great now, Nick said it was 2.5 but the Garmin is always short on trails
4.5 mi Wednesday - Clinton Lake with Christy and Rachel, the guys (Nick, Gary, Levi, James) got ahead of us (me, but Christy and Rachel hung around) pretty early, great run and fun dinner after
4 mi Thursday? - Gal Gallop tonight at Clinton Lake

1 comment: