- One or more of the Front Range Fat Ass series. There's a marathon-ish in Boulder in October, a 50k in Ft. Collins in December and another 50k in Colorado Springs in January. I definitely want to do the one in Ft. Collins.
- Sign up for Western States 100 lottery in November. Watching all the coverage this past year made me really excited to try this one out sometime. A lot of people who get into the race decide to try for the Grand Slam, because it's so challenging to get into WS100. I'm not sure if I wanna try that. Four hundreds in four months. Eeeek.
- Nick's dad told me about a 20-mile snowshoe race at Turquoise Lake in Leadville. I'm not sure about the date though. Sometime in the winter. I think this would be excellent ultra training. In my experience, it can be difficult to train for ultras in the winter depending on the amount of snow cover on trails. A 6-hr snowshoe trek should to the trick.
- Rocky Raccoon 100, February, Texas. I'd really like to run a faster, easy-ish 100. And this is the place to do it. It's in Texas, pretty flat, and pretty warm in February. The down sides are…it's a 5-loop course which can be boring and I'd have to train through the winter which can be hard, as mentioned above.
- 3 Days of Syllamo, March, Arkansas. Well I actually forgot this race was in March and not April. Hmmm. Wanted to go out here and redeem myself this year. It's a 3-day stage race: 50k, 50mi, and 20k. I ended up injuring myself at the 50k this year, so I didn't run the 50mi the second day. I ran the 20k on the third day, but it was a bad idea and very painful. So I guess I might have to choose between RR100 and 3 Days.
Well that's what I'm thinking about right now. If I get into WS100, it'll be end of June. No decision on whether I'll run Leadville again next year. Perhaps. Would be nice to get the big, sub 25-hr buckle.