Thursday, February 23, 2012

Join Team Laurie

In case you aren't in the know, Nick and I are BOTH running Leadville Trail 100 this year. We have never before run the same 100 in the same year. Not because we were being polite and trading off, but because for one reason or another, we couldn't. Too busy with grad school (me) or one of us being injured, etc.


In 2009, Nick finished in 28:51:32. In 2010, Nick was registered again but had to back out, due to back surgery. Hahaha. Back out. Pun. But seriously, it wasn't funny at all. Then I ran Leadville for the first time in 2011, finishing in 28:44:58. Woot woot! I beat his tiiiiiime. I beat his tiiiiiime.


Honestly, I don't know what will happen this year. Nick is faster than me at every single training run distance. But nobody ever does a 100 mile training run, so we really won't know what could happen until race dayS.


And now that the background is out of the way, I can begin my marketing scheme. 


Do you like Colorado? 


Do you like mountains? 

Do you like running?
(I won't be going this fast)

Do you like me?

Do you like that my armpits smell way better than Nick's?
(That's right. They smell like finish line flowers.)

There might just be a spot on my pacing/crewing team for YOU!


Meet my team so far!
Courtney! 

Courtney facts:
She will be running the Silver Rush 50 this summer.
She went to the same high school (in Houston) as I did, though she's not as ancient as me.
She crewed Leadville last year for her speedy fiancé, Luke.

Aaaaand, there will likely be appearances by many Langs! Including but not limited to, Chris, Bonnie, Roz and Jenna.

If this all appeals to you, join Team Laurie: We're going places! (like over Hope Pass)




 

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh! absolutely love this! :D SO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post....wish I could but I'll be there crewing a bud of mine. Maybe I'll drop him and join your team ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I wouldn't want to steal you away! But let me know if you need any crew help for Hardrock.

      Delete