Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Summary: 2/20-2/26/12

Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Totals
Distance (mi)
--
6.8
4.3
--
13.3
15.5
bacon
39.9
Elevation Gain (ft)
--
2386
300
--
2680
2986
--
8352
Description
--
Green Mountain Hill Repeats
Flying J Speed Work
--
Buffalo Creek
Buffalo Creek
--


The Good
  • Largest weekly elevation gain!
  • All trails.
The Bad
  • ???
  • Was going to run again today but was feeling achey from back to back Buff Creek days.
Stuff
It felt great to get back on the trails. It was a tough week but it was a lot of fun and I felt a sense of accomplishment at the end. 

This week I was thinking about my training in the past. I remember training for big races, doing my 20 and 30 miles runs, and on those days that I would run just 5 miles, I would think about how easy they were in comparison. Like they were so basic. But since I moved out here, I don't ever find myself in that situation. Every run feels like a significant effort. I never think, oh, just 5 miles. It keeps things interesting, but it also makes it tough to get out the door sometimes.

Also, in the past, I never would have thought I'd be running a 10-20% grade for a sustained distance. But here I am, doing these crazy ass hill repeats every Tuesday. It's amazing what can change in 6 months.



And finally, I'm getting really excited for 3 Days of Syllamo. Less than 2 weeks! I'm so psyched to spend a long weekend with my friends doing my favorite thing.


2 comments:

  1. WoW!!! All that elevation! Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the elevation gain on your week is out of hand. that's more than i did last week on my bike!

    ReplyDelete