- Got in a long run!
- Skipped hills to have dinner with my sweetie.
Less Good Things (but not necessarily bad)
- Was not particularly motivated to run most of the week, as is evident from my whopping 3 runs.
- Negligible climbing.
- Long run was slower/shorter than I wanted.
- Skipped hills to eat buttery food with my sweetie??
- I got too hot on my long run so ended up shedding my tights and running down the road in my bun huggers.
I felt pretty indifferent toward running last week. Was initially shooting for a 50-mi week. I guess some people (including me sometimes) would be disappointed by being off by 12 miles, but I was pleased that I still had the motivation to tackle the long run! I WAS ever so slightly disappointed in my long run, as I was hoping to complete 30 miles at a 10min/mi pace, but without my Garmin I just ran out 2.5 hours then turned around thinking this would work. But I ended up with only 29.3mi in 5 hours and 5 minutes. ALAS! A 10:24 pace! I'm not sure why it bothers me. Still faster than I've ever run almost 30 miles. But I kept thinking about how it was only a few miles longer than a marathon, and I was running on a flat road, so why am I not running faster?? Anyway, I've never even run a road marathon, nor do I intend to, so why the freak do I even care?
Well, sneak peak for this week…I think I've sloughed off the indifference. I'm back to tackling the hills.
The bun huggers are slightly less embarrassing
when I'm standing still.